Change Isn’t Easy !!!

Has there ever been a thing that played a significant part in y’all’s life and was never realized until it was taken away? Like having this feeling that there is apart missing and tried everything and still feel weird. Well, I never realized that being having the ability of having my little adventures after class when I had free time or when I had free time with my friends was a valued part of me. I never realized that the small thing I wasn’t appreciating were the same thing that made me whole as a person. Don’t get me wrong I’ve always valued the daily activities I was able to do after class don’t get me wrong because I knew there were people that didn’t have the ability like I had. Little did I understand that that ability I had will soon be taken way in an instant.

My day to day went from being in class everyday and trying to find ways to stay in my resident because I had the ability to make that decision to having that same ability taken away and having to deal with it because the pandemic started. The last day I attended class in the building was in mid-March which sadly was the same day I was beginning my season for girl’s baseball. I was extremely happy that day I can still remember all the energy the team and I had, and there wasn’t anything that could calm us. By the end of classes when things were wrapping up, we were all called to head to the gym. We were all extremely scared because the last time that happened, we had been told the news that our principle passed away which happened to be a traumatizing time for many of us. We were instructed to stay in our residents for the week and starting that day all athletics and activities were canceled and we were in disbelief that this is what our last year was going to be like.

This pandemic did change many lives all in different ways and many to an extreme extent. Many had difficult things happening in their lives and made in building classes and the activities given as an escape. Meaning when having all of that taken away in an instant might have affect others in a bad way. This pandemic didn’t just change the physical thing that many had the ability of doing but even the mental apart to many lives. Being in the pandemic has played apart in the mental psyche and might even heighten things that many were hiding such as their depression and anxiety. I happened to be apart of the many lives that were mentally affected by this pandemic and it isn’t easy. I realized by mid-June that things were going to change whether I wanted it to happen or not and I have to deal with it. I had to learn that change happens and that challenges will be present to me and its fine if I struggle if I put my best into it that all that matters.