From 2D To 3D

The reason I chose this photograph is because it shows a sketch turned in a garment that could be worn. This is what I see myself doing in the next five to ten years, designing and constructing garments that draw attention to the female body in a positive way. Being a fashion designer has been a dream of mine since I was in the fourth grade. The industry intrigues me. Clothing that people wear day to day expresses how they feel. Sometimes colors even reflect someone’s mood toward that particular day. For example a person wearing blue could be sad, a person wearing yellow could happy, a person wearing red could be angry or maybe even feel confident.

The industry changes all the time. New trends are set daily and the “It” people of fashion stay on top of their game and look their best.  The fashion industry is an extremely hard industry to be a part of because, like Heidi Klum says on Project Runway, “One day you’re in, and the next, you out!” One mistake could ruin you. To me that’s a challenge I’m willing to accept and show the people who said that I couldn’t, that I can, and that I’m going to be successful at it.

This entry was posted in ENG 1101, Homework. Bookmark the permalink.