Workplace Culture

Working for DEP has been great so far. The work environment in my department is very friendly and most of my colleagues are amiable. I appreciate the casual dress code that we follow, which is a combination of business and casual attire. My work consists of a mix of design and administrative tasks, and my workload varies depending on the project I’m assigned to. I have a regular 8-hour shift with an hour for lunch, and we have breaks in between to avoid sitting at our desks and computers all day. The department is small, with some colleagues having their own offices and others working in cubicles. I have a cubicle for myself.

Since October, we have been working from home as the building is undergoing renovations. However, we expect to move back to the office in about a month. Our team meetings happen every morning where we get assignments and updates from each other. Communicating with my colleagues is easy as we are in close proximity to each other. Sometimes, we engage in light-hearted conversations and even joke around. To alleviate the stress of working hard, we just started a weekly board game session. For my work, I use Microsoft Office and Adobe software such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.