Welcome to my life.

My name is Gregory DeVico. I am attending City Tech and studying Hospitality Management. My dream position is to be a wedding planner. When it comes to school I am not an “A” student, however I am a student who works their hardest and their works proves just that. What interested me in the Hospitality field is the feeling you get when you make someones day. Weather it is during those five seconds when they are getting a cup of coffee at Starbucks, or serving them at a restaurant. Regardless making someones day go from okay to great is something I strive for everyday I am at work. I am taking this course because well its a requirement. However I do enjoy reading and I am excited to be exposed to all sorts of literature this semester. I currently live with my sister in west Harlem. I am originally from Cape Cod, Mass so naturally I feel like I should live on a beach. I enjoy being outdoors and rock climbing. I just came back from spending the last seven months doing the Disney College Program, and it was the best seven months of my life. I also enjoy travelling and am going to Italy this summer for 2 weeks.

1 thought on “Welcome to my life.

1. Welcome, Greg, and welcome back from Florida–this weather must be quite a change for you! We’ll be reading one novel that takes place in Harlem, Quicksand, by Nella Larsen, and one that takes place in Massachusetts, The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath, so we’ll certainly benefit from your first-hand insights about the locations. I hope you had a good experience using the OpenLab for your Disney College Program–and that you’ll share pointers about using it with the class. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow and to getting to know you this semester.