3 thoughts on “Assignments

1. Hi my name is Sophia Daley. I am getting my bachelors in Human Services hopefully by 2016. Right now I’ve gotten associates degree in human services at BMCC. At BMCC I have learned a lot and hope some day I can put the knowledge that I have gain to some use, because I have graduated from 2012 and still can not get a job in the field that I’ve gotten my degree in. I am single mother trying to set a good example for my son to let him know it is not too late get what you want to acheive in life, because I am doing what I’ve always wanted to do by getting a college degree, I weren’t able to accomplish that when I was back home in Jamaica because it wasn’t that easy to do financially because it is very expensive and to get a loan it will be a lot of money for me to pay back so I am very grateful to come here and is able to go after my dream. I am very easy to get along with and a team player but very shy and will offer help in any way I can and I must say I am very good listener.

2. The Story of an Hour
    By Kate Chopin

In the story of an hour it is tell us of the reality of life, because in real life there are a lot women just like Mrs. Mallard who have go through a lot of things with their husband and just accept it as if it is nothing and let the treat them like they are a nobody but take it and consume all those negative. But at the end of the day she ended up going to seek pyschological help from doctors see things more clearly. ” Free, free, free,” it stand for everything because she don’t have to continued to live a lie and pretending to be happy when all happiness have been gone for a long time in their marriage, she was so happy for the news that she had to take herself away from her sister and Richard, so she could take everything that was meaningless at one time but now have great value meaning, no one to abuse her not physically but emotinally where it seems that she could not speak up tell him what was on her mind because she weren’t happy and it was taking a toll on her but was too scaried to let him know but instead stay in the unhappiness which turn out to be the end of her life. At the end of the story it was happiness for her no more low self esteem and no more husband to cause all those unhappiness that she had been going through in her marriage.

3. Pingback: Discussion for Tuesday: Final thoughts on The Bell Jar | Intro to Women Writers-Hybrid Sp 2014