This will serve as the basis for our work in the first half of Thursday’s Wednesday class:
Instructions for the final exam:
- identify the title of the text, the author, the speaker/thinker/subject of the passage
- Then, in one paragraph, interpret and analyze the passage, calling attention to specific details and words in the passage.
- in another paragraph, apply your analysis of the passage to the argument the text as a whole is making.
- in another paragraph, compare how a moment/scene/event in another text deals with a similar issue or theme you identified in the argument. Be as specific as possible, including details and paraphrasing that moment since you cannot provide the passage itself.
- How many passages will appear on the exam?
- How many passages will you have to choose and write about?
- How many different texts must you cover in total (identified and compared to)?
- For comparisons, how many from the first half of the class, and how many post-midterm?