Ethics Assignment – Entry 1

1a) My experiences so far in the internship with Sweep for a Cause have been eye-opening experiences in how the real world works. With the task at hand compared to school teamwork, I feel a greater responsibility to make sure I am on top of my work. This means making sure I’m doing my own research, splitting my time accordingly, checking up on my teammates to make sure that we are on the same page, and making appointments. I also see how the most important goal in this internship is to get many people to sweep for a cause, and this will be done through my creative skills. I am just grateful for how organized everything is (thanks to my supervisor) and having my own email with the company makes things feel even more professional and official.

In this internship, I can also see ethics is well applied in this company, and is shown with my team members. To see how everyone respects each other time by showing up on time and making sure to respond to one another in a timely matter. Also, everyone playing their role helps the task at hand to be achieved smoothly. Also on my end, I make sure that I am honest with the time that I am working, and giving the best quality work that I can. Not only that but respecting what it is I said I am going to do when I’m going to do it. Also making sure that we source or credit any image that is not ours. To be able to apply basic ethics and also receive it, to me is an amazing exposure I can say I get to experiences.

2b) In this internship that I am currently in I have not had to sign any contract or agreements of any kind. The only formal agreement was done through email which is my supervising telling me the task at hand and asking me if I am up to the task and me agreeing that I am.  Not having a DNA to sign simply means I, my team, and my supervisor will rely on one’s work ethic. Not having an NBA allows flexibility, parties have more freedom to discuss and share information without restrictions. In addition to that not having an NDA allows a higher level of trust between me and my teammates. the downside of this though is Confidentiality risks, and Lack of legal recourse. But Good thing my teammates and I have a good sense of morals and work ethic.

Source:

https://www.aiga.org/design-business-and-ethics

aiga_book_final_web_pdf.indd (blackboardcdn.com)

Image by vectorjuice on Freepik