Word Reflection#1 Discourse community

Throughout the first week of the in-class discussion, we had discussed the discourse community. A discourse community is a group of people who have the same goal, sharing the same interest and speak the same language.
It’s hard to join in the discourse community when you can not speak the same language as others. Six years ago, I had come to the United States. At those times, I didn’t know how to speak English, I only learned a few English vocabulary words in China. It was hard to communicate with others when you didn’t understand what they were talking about. On the first day of junior high school, my counselor had told me that, my class was an ESL class, which were many people from different countries and their first language was not English. I had met many new friends that speak the same language and we always worked in a group and push ourself forward. My friends always encourage me to pay more attention to study, and they keep reminding me that this is the last year of your junior high school, make sure to work hard and be ready to the high school. When you join the discourse community group, other people would encourage you to reach the goal that you have, which helps you a lot in your life experience.
I had joined in the discourse community since I was in high school. Me and my friends had creat a game group called “China Town” in discord. Discord is an app that provides voice and text chat for gamers. We always play games when we are all free, the members of the group are also my high school classmates. We shared the same interest, it gains friendship when we are playing the games together and community with each other at games. We use the word “baron” in our community, baron means a member of the lowest order of the British nobility. But in our community, “baron” is a key objective in games because of its massive gold bonus and global buff as well as a powerful buff that enables teams to crack the base. In my game group, we have a lot of things to talk about, and our goal is to share knowledge about the computer system, to help each other to reach their goal.
A discourse community is helpful to your career, which helps you a lot during the discussion by sharing the idea to reach the goal. Getting the feedback and improve yourself and encourage yourself to become better.