Introducing Eric Lewis

Hello, my name is Eric Lewis. My major is Applied Mathematics: Financial Science and this is my last year. After this semester I only have two more classes. I have always been above average in math and when I finally bought a laptop I found that I have an affinity for programming, so I want to pursue that also and see where that path takes me.

My short term goal is to get a job with an annual salary. My long term goals is to pass my actuarial exams. Then hopefully I can go back to school for multiple bachelors and a master’s for math.

My favorite topic from MAT 2440 introduced the deciphering steps of cryptography. I already knew the role Prime numbers have in cryptography and the simple introduction with letters helped ease me into a subject that I hope will be a part of my future.

I hope this class will help me to deepen my understanding in formulating more effective pieces of code by memory. At this point I am having trouble writing logical loops off the top of my head.

My hobbies consist of learning, reading, and programming. My favorite book is Ender’s Game and Percy Jackson. I have read almost every book connected to those series except maybe any recent additions that school has prevented me from getting to >.<

-Eric Lewis

This entry was posted in Introduce yourself. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Introducing Eric Lewis

1. Kate Poirier says:

Hi Eric. I love hearing that you’ve got such ambitions and that they include a career in math AND furthering your education. Have you ever though of pursing a PhD?? It’s not easy, but if there’s something that you’re really really into, it can be worth it.

Have you heard that a new prime number was discovered recently? A computer found it back in September, but the humans didn’t hear about it until a few weeks ago!
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/22/science/new-biggest-prime-number-mersenne-primes.html