Hints/reminders from today’s class

As announced in class today…

• There were be fewer questions on the final than on the term tests. Each of the questions will be somewhat involved; some have two parts and some have three or four. The more involved or longer questions from the term tests are good models for the exam questions.
  • Because of this, you’ll have to understand the topics in a deep way, not just in a superficial way. Some of the questions include definitions, which you should have memorized by now, but most of the others will require some thinking to complete.
  • You will have some choice about which questions to answer (like you did on Test #3). None of the questions are mandatory so it’s completely up to you which one to skip.
  • A few of the exam questions are taken directly from the term tests. One is taken directly from last week’s worksheets.
  • I posted solutions to Test #1 questions way back when it was returned. I did not post solutions to Test #2 or Test #3 questions. (I am not interested in your trying to memorize my solutions and then feed them back to me; I’d rather see that you understand something.) However, you may post your own solutions here for extra participation credit. Depending on the timing, I may or may not get a chance to comment on them myself, but you are all welcome to discuss each others’ work.
  • You are also welcome to post solutions to any (and all) of the final exam reviews that your classmates have posted. Whether you share your solutions or not, you are encouraged to use these questions as practice! Don’t forget to practice the tougher questions multiple times.

Good luck with your final exam prep for this class and your other classes. Plan to arrive *early* on Wednesday. See you then!

One Response to Hints/reminders from today’s class

1. Kate Poirier says:

P.S. Don’t forget your calculator on Wednesday!