Professor Kate Poirier | OL30 | Fall 2020

Introducing Ines Bissat

Hi everyone my name is Ines Bissat and I’m a mechanical engineering major. I chose this major because I want to challenge myself and also because there’s not a lot of females in the engineering field. I love playing basketball and running in my free time. I’ll be taking Differential of Equation after MAT 1575. My favorite color is purple and I love action movies. Avengers movies are my favorites. I’m proud to be the first person in my family to get their associate degree. My goal is to pass this class with an A and I hope each one of you gets the same.

1. Schear

Hi Ines, I am also a Mechanical engineering major. I agree that this field of engineering doesn’t have much females, thus thats one reason of being drawn to it. I will also be taking differential equations after this course as well!

2. nandanieramnarain

Hello Ines, it seems we have a few things in common! I am also a female in a male dominated field: Construction Management. It will definitely be a challenge pursuing our majors so we will have to work hard. Similarly, I am the first one in my family to attend college and attain my associates degree (working towards the bachelors now). On top of that, I absolutely love action movies. Marvel movies are amazing and the John Wick series are personally one of my favorites. It is nice to meet you and I hope you get that A as well.

3. Aram

It’s nice to know that you’re a Marvel fan. I’m also a fan of the Avengers series. In my opinion, Endgame is the best of the 4.

4. Aram

5. Aram