Fall 2018 | Professor Kate Poirier

Introducing Joseph M

Hi, my name is Joseph and I am a Computer Systems major. Honestly, I had never really gotten interested in my major but thinking ahead it is definitely the future.  Hopefully before I graduate I will get into an internship that will open doors for me once I get my degree. Usually (depending on time of day) when I do have free time, I longboard with friends , practice photography, and play video games.  Something I am proud of is completing a 30 day kayaking/ backpacking trip in Alaska. I am hoping for a good semester.

1. Kate Poirier

Hi Joseph. Your Alaska trip sounds AMAZING! I’ve been to Alaska once for a short trip and I was blown away at how beautiful it was. We actually took the ferry from Bellingham, Washington to Juneau and, it was no 30-day kayak/backpack adventure, but I get seasick, so it was still an endurance activity for me!

2. Jacky

Hey Joseph. Alaska is definitely high up on my list of places to visit in my lifetime.

3. Josue Nunez

Hey Joseph, I’m right with you man. I don’t really know how I feel about my major either, but I can’t sit around doing nothing, it’s wasted youth! But I understand how you feel, it’s hard choosing something that will define who you are your entire life. We had our entire lives to think about this but it isn’t enough. Good luck to you in the future.

4. Sara

HEY JOSEPH , KAYAKING IS ON MY BUCKET LIST. I AM ALSO HOPING FOR A GREAT SEMESTER TOO , WHO WOULDN’T.