Journal Assignment 5 by Yojancer Ramirez

The most embarrasing moment and today after 14 years I still remember it was when I was 9 years old. I remember I came here to Dominican Republic and I went to a resort in Samana called “Bahia Principe” I Remember it was my first time in such a beautiful hotel meaning a Five stars hotel. I went to eat with my parents and I remember that mom and dad laughed a lot at me because I asked to many questions while we got to the restaurant it was buffet style, LOL I didn’t know what it mean, on a buffet style you can eat as many times as you want, oh man I was so innocent that I filled my plate thinking to take advantage of all that meat and I remember I put 5 pieces of chicken over rice in a single dish for myself and my mom started to laugh and I was like WTF is going on why you laughing at me she couldn’t explain to me why she was laughing, because of so many laugh she couldn’t speak so I started to cry. then I remember she grabbed the sit next to me and she say “My prince, in a buffet style you don’t need to take all that food at once you can grab a bit and if you’re not full yet you can go back and get more” my reaction was “jajajaja” but I laugh because I was so embarrassed I didn’t know how a buffet style works on a resort at the time. I hope you guys don’t laugh at me like my mom did but now a days I love telling this story and I came to DR on Sunday so the first thing my mom reminded me was this story I just shared with y’all.