Journal Assignment #6

My current home setting is quiet and calm. At first, it was very hectic for me. Switching from home to home for a period of time made it difficult at some points being that you’re now afraid to even go outside. My sister and I are essential workers and being that she lives alone with my nephew, she has no one to babysit him. On my days off from work, I stayed with him all day. Its hard to focus on your homework when you have a six-year old to keep an eye on. Not only did I have to stay on top of my homework, but I had to make sure he was completing his own assignments while helping him. My sister and I would split the work so that when she would come home from her job, shes able to help him out on his homework as well. Despite the crazy and drastic schedule changes, I was able to manage (Still trying to get the hang of it). Recently, my stepfather was very sick and showing symptoms of COVID-19 so I had to leave my home and stay with my sister for about a week. This was a very tough for me being that I was no longer able to comfortably keep up with school in my own room at my desk. I was also very worried about him since he already has other health issues. Overall, I am fine and my home setting has calmed down. My family and friends are healthy and safe also. I am currently at home and learning new things about myself which makes me happy. I think we all needed this break from life in a way.