Journal Assignment 5

Journal Assignment 5 By Kwasi Cooper

Most teenagers can remember their first love and that first kiss, but few like myself didn’t get the opportunity to brag about it.

I was almost seventeen, and high school was coming to an end. (you can graduate high school at sixteen in the caribbean). Prom day was closing in and all my classmates seem to be doing well with finding that special someone. 

I’ve  always had my eyes on this particular girl. She was a bit shorter than me with a slim body type, and her classroom in the E building was right next to mine. I was a little shy when it came to girls, but I knew if I didn’t make my move, my prom night was not going to be special.

So let me fast forward this story. She accepted my prom invitation and there we were having a great time as we danced the night away.

After high school we were still casually seeing each other. My feelings grew tremendously, I couldn’t believe I was falling in love. After our third date I knew we had the chemistry to go further with each other. 

One late night we were hanging out on a hill near my home under the stars and all I ever wanted to do was suck the juices off this girl’s lips. As shy as I was I didn’t hesitate and made my move for that big kiss.

To my surprise, all I remembered was her voice calmly saying, what are you doing as she rejected me. At that very moment I was waiting for a big puff of white smoke so I can disappear just like magicians do in the movies. Unfortunately I was still standing there bearing the moment of total embarrassment. 

Our daughter Abby is now seventeen, and I hope she doesn’t kiss boys just like her mother didn’t kiss me after three dates.