Journal Assignment 2 by Ralph Lauren Ocampo

The only time that I have to become anonymous is when one of my high school friends is getting abused by her dad. At first, I thought she got in a fight between her friends since I saw a huge black eye on her left eye and some scratches on both hands. But I began to notice that each week there’s always a new bruise appearing on both her arms. I was skeptical first to ask her about what’s happening to her but she did not answer any of my questions in fear that the school may find out about her situation. Another week later she finally decided to talk to me, at first she doesn’t want me to know who’s hitting her and she told me not to tell anyone, which is I agree to do so. But I know that staying quiet would not solve anything about her situation. So what I did is that I told one, my teacher, about her situation and I specifically told them not to mention my name since she may think that I betrayed her. Additionally, at that point, I called the hotline.org and anonymously told the situation of my friend. After that point, she stops coming to school and even today I don’t know what happened to her situation by I know for the facts that I was able to do something about her situation.