Learning Self-Analysis for the Program

The baccalaureate program has assisted me mature professionally, academically, and interpersonally.

Throughout the associates nursing program at Hostos Community College, the focus was entirely on acute care and passing the licensure examination, therefore, my insight and understanding of the nursing profession was extremely limited. I did not realize that there is so much more to nursing than bedside care.

In the baccalaureate program at New York City College of Technology, I understood that nurses are involved with public health and the community. I understood that nurses are leaders in committees and organizations and that nurses do a great deal of research. My understanding and view of the nursing profession has expanded as a result in being enrolled in the baccalaureate program.

My growth during the time that I spent in the baccalaureate program has been immeasurable. I have grown intellectually, professionally, and interpersonally. My communication, leadership, and writing skills have remarkably improved.

I can positively say that I became a better leader due to my professional nursing education. I am thankful to the nursing profession for who I am today.