Eighth Journal: Botani Trimming

My supervisor Dan and Core2Print owner Ben have been talking to me about this new heat transfer they discovered at a store in Manhattan. The heat transfers are puff letter shapes that look 3D and could be ironed on to clothing. They were looking to buy the transfer and wanted to make a trip over to the store called Botani Trimming on 36th street. I was very interested in visiting the store and seeing the heat transfers for my own personal uses. We made our commute over to 34th street and walked to Botani. The place was filled with many different types of zippers, buttons, and every kind of fashion hardware you can think of. Ben informed me that many designers go to  places like these to buy cheap little things to put on their clothing and then sell the clothing for a lot of money. I got a lot of ideas just by going into the store so it was a good experience. We found the puff lettering we were looking for and then we head out. As we walked, we saw a few other trimming locations around the area and visited them. It was cool seeing all the things these stores had to offer and I’m glad I know now where to go to find things like patches or letters that iron on to clothing. Attached are some examples of ironed on lettering.

.