Sixth Journal: Self Evaluation

Looking at the completed projects I have done this far, I would say that I have done a good job meeting expectations, and completing projects in a way that has been satisfactory to my supervisor. Depending on the objective of each project, some take more time to complete than others. However, I think my turnaround time for each project has been reasonable. Most of my projects have to do with creating ads for social media and google. While others maybe be a little easier, like sending out emails to clients or adjusting artwork graphics. In making the small ads I found myself having a harder time getting creative. It is difficult creating ads for a print company and not being cliche or repetitive when creating the ads, there is only so much you can say or do to get your point across. Something that has been frustrating me a little is that I create ads so that they capture attention. I also like creating ads that look aesthetically pleasing. So far in my internship every ad I create works for my supervisor and the owner, however the owner usually takes away things from my original  ad and says not to make it too fancy, just simple. In my opinion my ads are already simple but attractive. When he shaves off more of the creative part of my ads it results in being a very simple bland, boring, and regular looking ad. This fine with me, if that is what he wants that is what he will get, but I like being challenged and I like getting creative. So now I gave myself the current task of trying to make my projects creative in a way that still balances the simplicity and taste of the owner. I want to add some flavor to the work I create, but I need to know how much is enough for the likes of the owner. That will be my next accomplishment, discovering that balance.

CategoriesUncategorized