Finally posting materials from our third seminar! Thanks for some great discussions – hope these resources will stimulate further inquiry/dialogue.
- Slides from the third seminar are available here
- Visit the website of City Tech’s Center for Student Accessibility for additional information/resources
- Readings about cultivating class discussions- in person and online:
- “Discussion strategies: creating policies for class discussion” by Amanda Almond
- “Discussion strategies: sustained groups and online discussions” by Jody Rosen
- “The Public course blog: the required reading we write ourselves for the course that never ends” by Trevor Owens in Debates in the Digital Humanities, 2012 ed.
- Reading about (open) digital pedagogy:
- “Looking for Whitman: a grand, aggregated experiment” by Matthew K. Gold in Debates in the Digital Humanities, 2012 ed.
Card sort activity notes
Here’s a list of possible menu items generated while brainstorming-
Assignments (listed twice)
Assignments + Resources for assignments
Weekly course outline
Resources (listed twice)
Syllabus / Course outline
Tips for success
Plus Michael and Lisa’s notes on questions students likely want answers to:
-What am I supposed to do?
-When is it due?
-How am I doing?