Taramattie Persaud

Hi everyone! My name is Taramattie but you can call me Tara. I was born and raised in Guyana. I came to America in the late 80’s. I live in Queens, NYC. I found out about City Tech through my daughter because she is a City Tech alumni. That is what sparked my interest in going back to school. I am currently a paraprofessional in DOE, and looking into majoring in Liberal Arts or Education. I enjoy reading.

The picture I have added is the smoke due to the Canadian wildfires. I found this fascinating because I hadn’t seen anything like it before. I did not expect the air quality to be so horrible.

1. Sajeevan

Hi Taramattie, the smoke from the wildfires was very horrible and the smell was so bad. I was working that day and I had a headache on that day because of the smell.

2. Mariam Otero

Hi Taramattie! It’s amazing how your daughter inspired you to pursue further education. It’s incredible how our kids can shape our lives. She must be really proud of you!

I also remember that day when the Canadian wildfire smoke covered the area. I was at City Tech for a summer bio class, and being asthmatic, the train ride home was tough. Thankfully, the school cancelled the next day’s class, saving me from missing a quiz. Anyways, wishing you all the best in your educational journey!