ENG2201 Spring 2023

Week 2

After reading the Gettysburg Address, I found it interesting how President Lincoln advocated for a new direction for the country. Not merely a new direction based on policies or ideologies, but how he argued that those who died must also be valued and considered. I think the reason why the Gettysburg Address remains so significant in American history is because it rings true for every generation of American history. Whether it’s abolishing slavery or fighting for the disenfranchised, there is always a price the people pay. Lincoln advocated for progression towards equality, which is remains unfilled today. The death of Tyre Nichols is an all too common tragedy that reflects the severe brutality African Americans still face.  The criminal justice system is broken and fails to serve everyone equality.  These issues plague everyday lives of minorities, whether it’s due to their race or socioeconomic status.

1. Mark Noonan

Ceci, I really like your line:

The criminal justice system is broken and fails to serve everyone equality.  

Please be sure, however, to post properly (for next week).

Here are directions:

GO TO “COMMENTS” ON THE TOP OF MY POST. SCROLL DOWN (past other student posts) TO THE TEXT BOX BELOW AND WRITE YOUR RESPONSE. BE SURE TO ALSO “PUBLISH.”