ENG2201 Spring 2023

Sharnay Campbell-Anekie

Hi, my name is Sharnay Campbell-Anekie! My pronouns are she/her. I was born and raised in London, United Kingdom, and moved to New York almost six years ago though I am of Jamaican descent. I am working on getting into the nursing program at the moment. In my spare time, I love to paint, write and read apart from that I enjoy my own company so I often go out alone and explore the city. I am a huge music fan, specifically R&B music, I love learning the history behind songs and how they were made, and I’m always searching for writers and producers after hearing a new song.

This is a picture of me and some of my family in Jamaica some years ago. My family plays a massive role in my life, I grew up surrounded by my family and they taught me all I needed to know in different ways, by always being around my family I learned how to respect and love others no matter what. My grandma specifically introduced me to new cultures and different people growing up and I am very appreciative of that because I now have experience and I know how to respect and understand people who may be different from I am.

1. Mark Noonan

Welcome aboard Sharney. That’s such a fun picture!