Community Service

Nov2017 SADHA toothbrush sale
Putting together Haiti Relief Package

I’m so grateful I was able to make a difference by putting together dental care packages for the individualsĀ in Haiti after they were hit by a disastrous storm. Sending toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss were the least we can do.

Family Resources Fair (Hungerford Public School)

Keisha(left), Me (middle), and Elena (right) were given the wonderful opportunity to volunteer our time at the Hungerford Public School with Professor Matthews (left). We spoke with the parents of developmentally disabled children and provided alternative oral physiotherapy aids they can utilize to improve their children’s oral home care. I’m grateful for being a part of this event because it gave me insight towards developmentally disabled children’s oral health up close. I learned a lot about the difficulties the parents have every morning of brushing their children’sĀ teeth.

Volunteering for Class of 2017 clinical boards

During the Class of 2017 clincial boards, I volunteered to be the divider between the students and the board examiners. I bought the patient from the student and directed them towards the examiner area. This experience eased my nerves for my own boards because I was able to understand what was happening behind the doors.

P.S. 81 Wellness Fair
P.S. 81 Wellness Fair
P.S. 81 Wellness Fair

Professor Davide invited us to P.S. 81 Wellness Fair. During this event, me and 4 other classmates demonstrated how to properly brush to little children. This was very rewarding because I was able to make a difference in their lives by correcting the way they were brushing their teeth.

Oral Health Workshop – Sponsored by District 75 Hungerford Public School

ProfessorĀ Matthews invited us to an Oral Health Workshop in Hungerford Public School. It was a very intimate workshop with about 6 parents who wanted more information on how to maintain their developmentally disabled children’sĀ oral health. Although Professor Matthews led the conversation, we aided by providing the parents with oral physiotherapy aids that will make their morning/night oral home care routine a little easier.

Donation event in partnership with Hungerford Public School

Putting together dental care packages for Hungerford Public School was a positive experience becauseĀ I helped make a difference in the individuals who received these packages.

April 2018 SADHA toothbrush sale
April 2018 SADHA toothbrush sale
April 2018 SADHA toothbrush sale

Donating for the Spring 2018 SADHA toothbrush sale was a very fun experience. It allows me to connect with individuals who buy from our sale about the importance of changing toothbrushes every three months.