Professional Experiences

Prof. Kupsch Research Assignment presented at Spring Wellness Fair

In DEN1200, Johnny (left), Violetta (middle), and I (left) did our research assignment on 3D printing. Research on this topic was a little difficult due to the fact that 3D printing is still on the rise. However, I learned that as it develops, it will make dental visits much easier. Instead of doing impressions on patients, the 3D printer will easily be able to scan the dentition to further make nightguards, dentures, etc.

GNYDM, Nutritional education      Top (left to right): Samantha, Victoria, Jessica, Tiffany.                          Bottom (left to right): Wendy, Navneet
Class of 2018 at GNYDM

In November 2017, the class of 2018 was given the oppurtunity to volunteer at the Greater New York Dental Meeting located at the Javitt’s Center. The class was split up into many different groups and activities. I was in the Nutrition group. Here, my group and I, made a song about Bananas and how they are very healthy for you. After we sung the song, we showed pictures of healthy and unhealthy foods and asked the students to show us what category it went into. We then explained the effects these food have on teeth. This experience was very rewarding because the little children were so into the activities. My group and I made a difference in their lives by differentiating the benefits/disadvantages food has on teeth.

Service Learning Project – Brooklyn Amity School.                                       Left to right: Maria, Navneet, Sajma, Besim
Service Learning Project – Brooklyn Amity School

In April 2018, my public health group and I had the opportunity to volunteer at Brooklyn Amity School. We had a small group of 5 five-year-olds. We informed them the importance of proper hand washing. This was an essential lesson for them because many children don’t understand the connection between clean hands and a healthy immune system.

Public Health Site Project Paper

Public Health Site Project Powerpoint

Dentigerous Cyst Research Paper

Prof. Bower’s project