Personal Philosophy of Nursing

There are many definitions of nursing that reflect its essence and nature. While some debate whether nursing is a profession, job, or career, I think it entails all three. In my experience with nursing, I have found that to be a professional requires not only possessing extensive knowledge of what you do but also a great desire and motivation to fulfill every day duties with enthusiasm and passion. In nursing it is attending to clients’ needs by providing competent, culturally sensitive care. I believe that a truly professional nurse combines extensive body of knowledge, critical thinking skills with empathy and willingness to help the population in need. I view nursing as a journey, where most of us meet challenges and obstacles, however, eventually it gives us great rewards for an enormous amount of effort and commitment contributed into it.

Nursing is a lifelong opportunity to learn and master my skills of becoming a better professional because it goes beyond medical knowledge by incorporating the art of nurturing and addressing human needs  and experiences. My personal goal in nursing focuses on remaining patients’ advocate, providing the highest quality of professional care to the best of my abilities.