6923 12th Ave. Apt 2F
Brooklyn, NY 11228
M: (347)543- 6314
Dedicated Dental Hygienist with extensive experience providing expert dental treatment. Exceptional communication and interpersonal patient skills with a focus on oral hygiene treatment as well as preventive management. Empathetic professional and enthusiastic about dental health who enjoys educating patients on effective dental care habits and behaviors.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
NYU Langone Medical Health Center, Brooklyn, NY
Dental Assistant 09/2004-Present
- Assist dentist in all procedures including oral evacuations and mouth/tongue
retractions of approximately 30-35 patients daily.
- Chart all appropriate data of patients during exams and treatments.
- Develop and mount x-rays according to the type of procedure.
- Maintain daily schedules to ensure workflow efficiencies and patient flow.
- Oversee the cleaning, sterilization and maintenance of all equipment and instruments.
- Provide exceptional oral hygiene care to a variety of patients. Conduct nutritional and personal hygiene counseling as well as educate patients on preventative care to ensure health and wellness
Cobble Hill Senior Home, Brooklyn NY 06/2012-03/2013
- Conducted nutritional counseling as well as educate patients on preventative care to ensure health and wellness.
- Worked collaboratively with patients to develop personalized treatment plans.
- Contributed to diabetes awareness education in collaboration with physicians and other medical staff members.
- Facilitated small-group workshops on preventive nutrition awareness.
WIC Program (Women, Infants and Children),
Brooklyn, NY 04/2009-06/2009
- Provided information and advice on breastfeeding.
- Developed education programs including posters and pamphlets educating
the public on the advantages and techniques for breastfeeding.
- Distributed information pertaining to food stamps
Dental Liberty, Queens, NY 01/2002-01/2004
- Assisted in dental procedures for approximately 25 patients on a daily basis.
- Skillfully prepared restorative materials and dental cement.
- Expertly constructed models of teeth/mouth and polished models of plastic and plaster impressions.
- Sterilized instruments using autoclaves and chemical disinfectants to maintain accepted standards.
City College of Technology, Brooklyn, NY
Associate of Science, Registered Dental Hygienist – June 2018
Brooklyn College, CUNY, Brooklyn, NY
Bachelor of Science candidate in Nutrition – December 2011
NY School for Medical and Dental Assistant, Queens, NY
Registered Dental Assistant – June 2004