Paper Length Target: 2500-2700 words. All Images and text sources must be cited. Footnotes for notes and references. Bibliography for all references. MLA format.
- Building Type
- Construction Date
- Building Data
- General Significance to History (why study this building?)
- General Architectural Period
- Map (Text Description + Graphic) of Building Environs (Micro)
- Map (Text Description + Graphic) of Key Related Buildings (Macro)
- Architectural Culture Contemporary with Design/Construction
- Theoretical Underpinnings of Design
- Specific Period Characteristics of Design
- Structure, Façade
- Transparency Analysis (Inside to Outside Exposure and Vice-versa.)
- Spatial Sequence
- General Floor Plan (text description and diagram)
- Building Section (text description and diagram)
- Building Elevation (text description and diagram)
- What makes this building significant?
- How is this building innovative?
- How does it compare to other buildings of the period?
- What influence did this building have on subsequent architectural design?
- Summary of key findings
- Library Based Sources Required (3-5 Books or Other Library Sources)
- Additional Sources Welcome (must be reviewed for quality of source)
Due Date: Prior to Class 13.