The Museum of Modern Art has very interesting interior design. It shows us a new type of art that is not framed on the wall, and the composition of the garden reminds me of the Rockefeller Center and Central Park.

MOMA being an art museum, it doesn’t limit the art collection to paintings, sculptures or furniture. The museum included performance art. On the day of the visit, the museum set up a floor with peace of sculptures. I wasn’t sure why they are out on the open and no guard was looking at it. All of a sudden people wearing the same clothing came out and started to interact with the sculptures. We can also treat the movement of the visitor as an art. Because of the atrium, we can see people moving. It is just like the Guggenheim museum.  People on the top also have a clear view of the movent of the visitor on the ground level.

The garden in the museum has a good amount of square footage. I believe the sculpture garden at that spot is not a waste of square footage. The composition of the garden is just like the one in Rockefeller Center, many buildings surrounding a plan area. It is a small city with an open space, like the central park in manhattan on a large scale. The garden gives a moment of pause in this busy city.

Limiting the programs of buildings should not be the goal of the design. The exploration of the limit can bring wonderful ideas and designs.