Chimdiebube

My name is Chimdiebube Chimgozirim Mmesmoma Ejimbe, you can just call me Ebube or Mmesoma whichever you are more comfortable with. I was born and raised in a small town called Nnewi in a small state called Anambra in a small country named Nigeria. I moved to New York in 2013, Williamsburg Brooklyn to be precise to study. I speak a little English and my native language Igbo, I speak a little French as well. This is my first semester here in City Tech.
I have always been in love with the concept of design and drawing, when i was a kid, I saw architecture in my little mind as just drawing and building houses but a little education made my understanding much clearer. I developed my infatuation for architecture when i started doing a little Building Technology in my high school back home in Nigeria. Architecture to me is pretty much anything that is designed or built. Architecture is all about function and purpose, if there is no function or purpose, there is no architecture. An architect never designs or creates a model or a complete project without purpose or function. Function and purpose is like the driving motor of every architect. Subsequent to function and purpose, architecture also entails structure, foundation, strength and durability. When we design, even as students who aspire to become architects, we have all these aspects in mind. We design a structure to be solid thats architecture, we design a structure to be strong, we design a structure or a piece to be durable, long-lasting, resistant, thats architecture. Gone are the days when it is believed that architecture must be designed by an architect. with many structures designed by engineers recently, our view of what architecture is has been influenced. The word “Architecture” varies from one definer to another, architecture changes from time to time and from culture to culture. I have chosen and will continue on this incredible journey of Architecture until it becomes much clearer. Architecture is a journey and i look forward to having fun along the way.

This entry was posted in Introduction. Bookmark the permalink.