Entry 7

My most recent task was a little daunting at first but once I got started the ideas started flowing. Someone at Statista asked the marketing department to come up with a condensed one pager summarizing why people should choose Statista. The person did not know what design they wanted so little direction was given. The task was originally given to another intern who in my opinion came up with great designs, but my opinion does not matter. The person kept telling the marketing department that it was not what they wanted. After three different designs had been nixed the assignment was passed on to me. All I got is that they wanted it to be like their competitors, content wise and I took it as design wise too. So, to be safe I designed one that looked clean, professional, and clear but was a different design then the competitors. Next, I designed one that had a similar concept to the competitors since that is what I think they want without realizing it. The person in marketing really liked it, now it just needs to be approved by the person that asked for it. It is tough to work with someone who does not know what they want but it teaches patience and to take frustration and turn it into motivation to get it right the next time.

Competitors design:

Two (of four) versions I designed:

Condensed OnePager_110118-MCa

Condensed OnePager_110118-MCb