Entry 6

Until now I have been working pretty much on my own for the tech team. I would be given an assignment to execute, get it revised and approved and then move on to the next task. This next task came from the marketing department. It is nice getting to work with different people around the office, and finally, I have been given a task that required me to work with another intern. We were asked to come up with a few drafts for the company Christmas cards. We started off brain storming together and then broke off to come up with our own designs to present. It was nice having someone to brainstorm with, talk to, and to have a fresh eye look at my work. I came up with a simple more elegant design first, but they said they wanted something more like the Statista brand. So, I added color and told more of a story in my next draft, making it a bit more fun. The second draft had been inspired by one of the statistics I had designed. They said that was more of what they were looking for, so I took that design and altered it to fit as a card design. It is important to be able to put your own preferences behind you and follow a company’s style. I am learning how to adapt and design according to brand.

The two designs I came up with:

Holiday-cards_deer102218

Holiday-cards_snowglobe102418