Research Projects

As part of my course requirement and my interest in DNA analysis, I have completed many research hours either inside the laboratory or the library.  Below is a list of research projects I have completed during my academic career.  

Oral Pathology                                                             December 2015

Craniosynotosis Paper

craniosynostosis (1)
Craniosynostosis is a pathological condition found in infants where the joints of the skull close prematurely leading to underdevelopment of the brain and a visible skull deformity.

Pharmacology                                                                  July 2015

visit to a drug store

Centrum123
Visit to a Drug Store Project

Principles of Dental Hygiene 2300                                  April 2014

Reactivation of Latent HIV-1 Infection by the Periodontopathic Bacterium Porphyromonas gingivalis Involves Histone Modification

Project brochure

Emerging Scholars Research Project                              Dec 2013- 2014 

Research presentation 2013 (6)

Z V grasshopper
The effectiveness of two different genomic-DNA extraction protocols for extracting DNA from Zonocerus variegated grasshopper for genomic studies.

Short Tandem Repeat (STR) DNA Analysis                      June 2005 – 2007 

The purpose of the investigation was determine, base on the information yield by examining the amplification of the STR CFS1PO in DNA samples of varying concentration using traditional and mini primers individually or in combination which primers for CSF1PO work best with LCN DNA and for improvement low copy forensic DNA analysis.

A City Tech OpenLab ePortfolio