Recently, I had the opportunity to collaborate on a project with NYPIRG. The project was part of their annual event called March In March, where students from across the city come together to advocate for various demands, including free and fully funded CUNY and SUNY, free metro cards for students, increased financial aid, more advisors and mental health services, and additional resources for students with sensibilities. The march took place on March 15th, starting from City Hall and culminating at Brooklyn Borough Hall.

My specific role in this collaborative project was to design and create banners and play cards to be used during the march. To accomplish this, we collaborated with the Student Government Association (SGA) and the Art and Design Club. We gathered in the library projection room, where students from these clubs came and we worked together on designing the banners and play cards.

It was an effective collaborative effort because students from different clubs came together to work on a shared goal. We were able to bounce some creative ideas with each other and provide feedback to improve the banner and placard designs.

Overall, it was a great learning experience collaborating on a real-world activist project. I believe that students from all over the city coming together and joining hands for common issues that need to be addressed is a success in itself, as long as we are raising our voices and awareness. It showed me the power of students organizing for positive change when we put our skills and efforts together.