Faculty Name | Section | Semester

OpenLab Assignment 3

What does a measure of central location represent? What are the three most common measures of central location? In your everyday life, when was the last time you encountered a measure of central location? What was it? 

You MUST use your own words in order to receive credit.

This assignment is due by midnight on 9/10/2020.

Please respond by writing a comment – once it is “approved” you will receive credit. Please make sure you are a member of this site in order to view your grade in the course gradebook (the gradebook can be found as a widget in the right hand column menu at the bottom). Grades may be numerical or simply checkmarks.

1. Kamil B

Central location is a representation of the total measured attempts to analyze the whole data set with a single value that represents the center of its distribution. The 3 main measures of central location are the mode, median and mean. These 3 measures all determine a different value for their own central tendencies. Recently I haven’t encountered these types of measurements or have had a need to calculate central location so this class would be the first time I have encountered or used them ever since highschool.

2. Stan

The measure of central location represents all the qualities in data all formulated. The three most common measures of central location are the mean, median, and mode. Yes i have encountered a measure of central location in real life. I trade currency and stocks and whenever price comes to a price frequently as traders we would know how whether to buy or sell depending on the trend on the chart. For example price is just in a channel between 1500 as a high and 1400 as a low. Chances are it can break above 1500 but based on historic data its been rejecting and falling down to 1400. So that is a real life example of measure of central location for me.

3. Andy Escobedo

the measurement of central location represent all the essential data utilized for analyize. I believed the 3 frequent measurement is the mean,median and mode. In addition in my everyday life, the last time encountered a measure of central locationone it was at home. I experience central location when I was doing mat1372 hw where I had to find the median of class boundaries between the numbers that fall into the range.

4. fariha choudhury

A measure of central tendency is a value that summarizes statistics. The 3 most common forms to measure central location are represented using mean, median, and mode. In my everyday life the last time I encountered a measure of central location was when I was calculating my grades. Grades are calculated based on the average of quizzes, exams, homework and participation. I usually like to calculate my current grade so I can have a idea what my final grade would be depending on the easy or hard workload and exams I have left over.

5. Daniel Shaw

The measure of central location means the center most value of the group of data. The three most common measure of central data are mean, median, and mode. Every semester, with the help of the syllabus, i try to take the average scores of my test grades so i can get an overall idea of my class grade. Since half way through the semester the teacher only tells you if your in good stand or not, this gives me a better view of where i’m at statistically.

6. Marcel A

A measure of central location represent the middle measure of a specific set of data. The three most common measures of central location are Mean Median and Mode. The week before school was the last time I used “mode”. I mostly ate once or twice a day due to late wake ups. I was trying my best to eat three times a day. Therefore at the end of the week I checked how many days I ate three times, two time or once. I found out that “three time” was the most common because I ate three time in four different days.

• Marianna Bonanome

Comment (Private): (show)(hide)
      Marcel, I can’t add you to the grade book please become a member of our site or you will not receive a grade for these assignments.

NOTE: Private response is visible only to instructors and to the post’s author.

7. S M Arifuzzaman Akash

The measure of central location represents the summary as well as description of a data set. As the name implies, the measure of central location is the value that indicates the central position within a distribution of data, and this central location contains a value that efficiently describes that distribution of data. Additionally, the single value from the measure of central location summarizes the entire data set. For instance, if I am asked about my exam scores of last semester, instead of going over each course’s exam score individually I can add up all my test scores and divide it by the number of courses. Now, this will provide me a single mean or arithmetic mean value, which is one of the key measures of central location. The single mean value will tell the person where most of my test scores fall, or loosely speaking, what my typical exam score is. Therefore, this central point value will efficiently describe my test scores to the person along with summarizing all my test score data. Including the mean, there are different types of measures for central location of a data set, but among them, the most common three measures are mean, median and mode. The Mean value can be found by adding up the data points and dividing the result by the number of data points, and median is the value that appears in the middle of the data set when the values are sorted from smallest to largest. Additionally, mode is the value that appears the most in a data set and it can be more than one for a data set.
    These central locations of the data set are used in daily conversation all the time, specifically the mean. For instance, someone may describe a movie as average to mean that the movie is neither bad nor good, in the central point. The mean is addressed as average in daily conversation, and the average and the arithmetic mean are interchangeable. Apart from daily conversation, these measures of central location are used in many crucial circumstances. For instance, I have used these measures of central location recently in an experiment for the Chemistry course where I needed to get an accurate and precise result from a short experiment. I conducted the same experiment a few times, 5 times, expecting a preferred result. However, I got different values in all those five times though the values were very close to each other. At this point, I got the mean of those five results in order to get a precise, accurate and acceptable result for my experiment. Additionally, even though I did not look for median, I looked for the mode since I was looking for whether any of my results appeared more than any other data points. Also, the median value would also be found easily as it would be in the third position on my data set if I sorted them from smallest to largest.

8. jaheidjalen

The measure of central location are values meant to describe a specific data set. The value of it is meant to represent the center of the values in that data set. These would be the mean median and mode which are also known as the three most common measures of central tendency.They all keep track of the central location with a different numerical value, however sometimes they may be the same numbers. The last time in my daily life that I used the measure of central location was when I was doing my statistics work on Microsoft Excel and I was asked to find the mean median and mode before I moved on to the other parts of the spreadsheet.

9. Ihn Lee

There are three most common measures of central location: mean, median, and mode. Three measures show different central locations. Mean is a number that measures the central tendency of the data. Midian is the middle value of an ordered sample of numerical values. Mode represents the value that occurs the most.
    The last time I encounter was when I saw my electricity bill. My house gets hot air every summer because of chiller and boiler outside. So I turned on airconditioner most of the day for one day. Coned sent me I use more than average of my neighbors. Every time I see this notification, I try not to use more electricity so that I don’t exceed the average of electricity consumption of the building units.

10. Israt Jahan Ema

The central location represents the whole set of data represented by a central value. The three most common measures of central location are- mean, median and mode. These three are used to find a central specific value for the entire data. The mean is the average of all the numbers of the set, the median is the middle number of the set and the mode is the number that appears most often. In my everyday life, the last time I encountered a measure of central location was about my vacation that I recently went to. I calculated the average cost of the trip for each person.

11. Kristen Narcisi

The measurement of central location simply entails the average or central point of your data. Mean, median, and mode are the most commonly utilized measurements regarding central location. These forms of measurements display where the most values in a distribution take place. A common everyday example of encountering a measurement of central location is when looking for a new job. You’re in a specialized field and just received a new job offer. The market is competitive so you look up what the average salary is in your field to assess if you’re being paid enough.

12. Jordan Grant

The central location is the center of a set of data points. There are three central location that are the most common used: mean, median, and mode. Each of these are used to calculate a different central point. Mean measure the average of a data set. Median is the middle of a data set of numbers. All the numbers in a data set need to be placed in order, and the number in the middle is the median. The mode is the most common number in a set of data. All three central location was in my pre-calculus class last semester to find out the average for all my exams. I used “mean” to figure it out by add up the final total of all my exams and dividing it by the number of exams I took during the semester. If I got over 70%, I know I did well.

13. Mohammad uddin

A measure of central location is a statistic that represents the center point or typical value of a dataset. Mean, Median, and Mode are the best measures of central tendency depending upon the characteristics of the data. In every aspect, our lives data information, numbers, words, or images—are collected, recorded, analyzed, interpreted, and used. In my everyday life the last time I used central location in the form of statistics everything from graphs of the latest home sales figures to census results, and the current data of stock markets.

14. Joao Barros

A measure of central location represents a data set. The mean, median, and mode are the three most common measures of a central location. I have not encountered these kind of measurements in a while, and I definitely do not remember the last time I had to calculate a central location.

15. MichaelQuintuna

A measure of central location represents where most values in a distribution fall and are also referred to as the central location of a distribution. The three most common measures of central location are the mean, median, and mode as each of these calculates the location of the central point using a different method. The last time I have encountered the central of location is situations that involved calculating my grades for every semester each week to see what my overall grade would be or using it to go over my salary

16. Ricardo Gonzalez

These measures indicate where most values in a distribution are at it can be also described as the center of a distribution. There are 3 main measures of central tendency are mean which is the average of numbers median is the middle ,and mode is the most out of one particular number. I cant really think of the top of my head on what an everyday usage of a central location besides like the grades of a whole class test. Where you can find a median mode and mean of all the grades of students who did the test.

17. Yani acham

A measure of central tendency represent the value that described a set of data. It shows the central position of the data, there are three principals measures of central tendency: the mode, the median and the mean. Yesterday was the last time that I encountered encountered a measure of central location, it was for the products that I sell online, I want to evalue the product that is most sell for the last six months. It give me a idea about the prices, the benefits, the production’s capacity and comsumers favorite.

18. Aramis Chalen

the central location is statistics represents the different attempts of formulated data. There are different types of measurements of the central location. the three most common measures of central location are mode, median, and mean. i have experienced reading about central locations within research articles.

19. Alvie

Central point is a specific point that is used to represent the summary of a graph. There are 3 common ones used which are mean, median, and mode. Mean is the average of the graph, median is the middle point of the graph, and mode is the biggest value subtracted by the lowest value of the graph. Different types of central points are used depending on the graph.
    One example I can think of where a central point came into my life is during grading in school/college. Professors and teachers that give tests throughout the semester with the same percentage importance use a central point of a mean to find the average score I’ve gotten throughout all the tests and grade me based on that.

20. Daisy R

Central location is a presentation of a set of data points. The 3 main common measures of central location are the mode, median, and mean. These 3 measures can form a different output value for their own significant way. In my daily life I haven’t encountered the measures of central location or the need to calculate central measurements before, this class would be the first time of me encountering it or using them since my years in highschool.

21. Aramis Chalen

The central location in statistics represent the different attempts of formulated data. there are different types of measurements of the central location. the three most common measures of central location are mode, median and mean. i have experienced reading about central locations within research articles.

22. Sifat Razwan

Measure of central tendency is a value that attempts to describe a set of data by identifying the central position of the data set. We are familiar with measures of central tendency called the mean, median and mode. In my daily life I you measure of central to calculate my earnings from Google Adsense. It’s help me a lot to monitor and see the difference of my earning.