RAB Proposal Paragraph-Diana Perez

My research question is how is tipping viewed in different parts of the world? This topic interests me because i work in a place where a portion of my pay is tips . I see many people come in from different parts of the world and even different states and everyone tends to have a different opinion when it comes to tipping. Every time a customer sees the tipping screen they can either laugh or usually just shake their head at the screen. I already know that most people in Europe see tipping in a very different way than we do and they usually don’t practice it over there. As well as Japan I know in most situations they do find tipping rude. Some points that I plan to explore and find out more about is why are some people hesitant when it comes to tipping, as well as how do people who don’t come from America see tipping. How do workers in foreign countries that don’t practice tipping depend on their income if they don’t receive help from their tips ?

Glusac, Elaine. “A Traveler’s Guide to Tipping in a Changed World.” The New York Times, 25 Apr. 2023. NYTimes.com, https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/25/travel/tipping-travel-vacation.html.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/25/travel/tipping-travel-vacation.html

1 thought on “RAB Proposal Paragraph-Diana Perez”

1. i work in a place [WHERE? and capital!]

I see many people come in from different parts of the world and even different states and everyone tends to have a different opinion when it comes to tipping. Every time a customer sees the tipping screen they can either laugh or usually just shake their head at the screen. — MAKE THIS MORE INTERESTING — Give some CSD about how your customers at WHERE YOU WORK tip you or don’t tip you. GIVE MORE PERSONAL details from yoru work as a waitress? Barista? [WHAT DO YOU DO?]

THis could be a much more interesting proposal after all you are a [restaurant worker, cafe worker — WHAT WHERE DO YOU WORK? WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS TOPIC?]