Shitty First Drafts- Afrah Mohsin

Part A. Lamott says that writing the first draft is about the process because she says that when she starts to write she trusts the process, the process which is writing the first draft and it doesn’t have to be perfect. You can write anything you what to include in your essay, anything that comes to mind, and she described it as the child draft.  And then you can fix it on the second and third drafts. 

Part B. “You need to start somewhere. Start by getting something — anything — down on paper.” I think this quote means that if you want to write a good essay you have to start by writing everything that you want to write about in your essay. don’t think about if it’s organized or what people would say if they read it, you just write down anything you think of.

Part C. I would call this type of writing an informative genre because she is explaining that you should start by writing a first draft to help you build your essay. And it also can be a narrative genre because she is telling a story about herself when she used to write food interviews. And the process she takes to get her writing done. 

2 thoughts on “Shitty First Drafts- Afrah Mohsin”

1. I think this was very well said you explained your thoughts clearly on what you felt the quote meant and overall you showed your understanding of what the author was trying to express. Great job!