Kevin

My name is Kevin Narvaez, im majoring in computer science but i might switch to criminal justice. Im 19 years old and my birthday is in October. Some background about me, my family is from Quito, Ecuador but i was born and raised in New York. I have two older siblings but they took a whole different route for their majors than i did. I mainly play soccer and volleyball, i got into soccer since a very young age and i’ve been playing ever since, but at some point i broke my arm and had to stop playing for about a year but that didn’t stop, i kept playing like nothing ever happened. At the age of 10 or 11 i won my first trophy with my soccer team and it felt like a major achievement in my life because i didn’t have that much confidence in myself back then.

i speak both spanish and english like most american hispanics but sometimes my spanish can be a bit rough. I’m surprisingly the tallest in my family when just 6 years ago i was the shortest in my family. I love going to Ecuador because it opens your eyes on how people with less money and less opportunities live on a daily basis. Plus, it feels nice not being surrounded by technology and social media, it feels like a break from the environment i grew up with. If i could i’d visit Ecuador every summer but unfortunately i can’t because of different reasons.

3 thoughts on “Kevin”

1. Hey Kevin, I am also thinking about switching to criminal justice. Is there any specific field you want to study? As an American Hispanic I can relate to you because at times my Spanish also becomes a bit rough. The same also happens to me when I visit the Dominican Republic. It seems like the majority of people are much happier out there than here. I also agree when it comes to technology sometimes we need a breakaway from it for the better.

2. Yea Kevin i understand exactly what you mean when you mentioned seeing how others in different countries live because when i travel out you really see a major difference in the economy and everything

3. Nice intro, Kevin! However, PLEASE CORRECT YOUR TITLE (as explained in Announcements).

As an avid soccer player, you must have watched the recent World Cup. I’d be interested to know what you think. What team was your favorite? And what did you think about the final game btw Argentina and France? And the way it ended? And Messi finally winning a World Cup — exciting right?

Very nice family picture — who is in the picture with you?

I like your reflection on visiting Ecuador, your home country. Yes I agree that it’s less hectic and there is a more natural pace to life in other countries. That’s the beauty of travel. We learn so much and get to experience other ways of living.