Intro – Edwin

Hey everyone, my name is Edwin Adames. I am currently in my second semester at City Tech, majoring in Liberal Arts and Sciences. The career that I am pursuing is to become a police officer and I hope to become a detective later on in the future. For my background, my family is from the Dominican Republic and is of Spaniard descent. I was born here in New York with two older and three younger siblings. 

Some things I enjoy are sports specifically baseball and basketball, cars, streetwear, and technology. Back when I was younger I used to play both sports until I got injured badly and tore all the ligaments connecting my ankle to my leg leaving me in crutches for months. But as of today, I am a designer for a hat store in Brooklyn who enjoys creating new hats for the community for everyone to enjoy. I am also able to speak two languages English and Spanish but I’m trying to learn a third language which is Italian. My name comes from my father’s and grandfather’s name. I have my Father’s first name and my middle name is my grandfather’s. I cannot wait to continue this course and continue my associate’s degree and see what the future has set for me.

5 thoughts on “Intro – Edwin”

1. Hi Edwin! Its nice to see how you have your life planned out to become police officer and then hopefully a detective. I wonder what made you desire to become a detective. Also remember to stay safe in your line of work because things can end up getting messy. Also I think being designer for hat store is very unique and something not much people do. Keep on living out life the way you want and look forward to working with you.

1. Hi edwin the hats are solid wish I could play basket ball against you to see how good those handles were. You probably make a good police officer and a greater detective. I do have a question what comes into your mind when you think of hats designs like Black sheep that your wearing?

2. Good Intro! You told us a lot about yourself and you added a great picture. Sorry to hear about your past injury. I hope you have healed 100% from it.

Great picture because it shows one of your interests. Very cool that you are a hat designer! How did you get started in that business? Sounds like it might be an interesting story! As Manual mentioned, we can see that you designed a Black Sheep cap and that your picture shows you wearing this cap — it’s cool. Do you consider yourself a black sheep? In what way?

You might want to look in to John Jay College because this CUNY school specializes in criminal justice and they must have fields of study more in line with your career goals.

DO you speak Spanish with your family? Are you fluent?