Project Proposal — AJ

The research question I developed was ” How is Gentrification Effecting Black People?”. The Message I would like to relay on to the audience is how gentrification is really making a generally making a neighborhood generally more appealing to be in and how us Black people can start gentrifying our neighborhoods we grew up in, meaning cleaning up the neighborhood, making the value of the neighborhood go up, etc. The audience I would like to target is Black people because we should want to improve or gentrify the neighborhoods we grew up in. The genre Im considering is Podcast because I feel its the best way for me to showcase my point of view on the topic and be able to incorporate other Black people point of views. My Plan to execute this Podcast correctly is to analyze my research then develop some great questions that will actually have you thinking, for example ” How would you contribute to gentrifying these Black Historic neighborhoods?”. Then setup the set to shoot the Podcast then interview my Dad as a Black homeowner his point of view on everything as well as my Mom. Lastly my mentor text will be Why There’s No Such Thing as a Good Billionaire by Adam Conover.

2 thoughts on “Project Proposal — AJ”

1. Ok — A podcast interview would work. SO — if you do a podcast, then you need more than just your mom and dad. They count as ONE home owner technically. SO — You need at least one other family that owns their brownstone. So at least TWO interviewees. And better if you can get three. ALSO — Some of your questions need to come out of your research. Remember at least TWO references to the research.

You write: what gentrification really is and how us Black people can start gentrifying our neighborhoods.

WHAT is gentrification? And what do you mean how Blacks can start gentrifying their own neighborhoods. You are using very vague language. Be specific.

PLAN: You really have not said enought about your plan. Have you been thinking exactly what and how you will make this podcast — who will be your other two subjects (black homoeowners)? A few of the questions will be___? Give some specifics.