Mentor Text Analysis – AJ

In the Op-ed ” I Make Video Games. I Wont Let My Daughters Play Them” the author William Sui hooks the audience by stating a legislation that passed in California about making new products that aren’t harmful to minors. Sui quotes the sources he used just by citing them and stating what they’re information proved. The author incorporated storytelling by beginning with what led to his opinion in present times. He uses things most people are familiar with to help readers understand as he tells his story. He created the organization of Hook, background information, his problem, his thoughts on the problem, his solutions. Also I feel like his primary audience was parents because during the storytelling part of the Op-ed he was speaking like from a parents point of view. Sui then ended the text with a positive look games can bring. If I were to do an Op-ed I feel like I would emulate the whole format of organization because everything would work hand to hand. I would avoid, forgetting to add my opinion because it then wouldn’t be an Op-ed.

1 thought on “Mentor Text Analysis – AJ”

1. Late — and many elements are missing. Take a look at Bithiah and Odalys’s work on this assignment.

Remember you must turn in work on time.