Reading Response to Malcolm X — Gilbert

Part A:

Part B: 

“I’ve never been one for inaction. Everything I’ve ever felt strongly about, I’ve done something about. I guess that’s why, unable to do anything else, I soon began writing to people I had known in the hustling world, such as Sammy the Pimp, John Hughes, the gambling-house owner, the thief Jumpsteady, and several dope peddlers. I wrote them all about Allah and Islam and Mr. Elijah Muhammad.” (Paragraph 12) 

Malcolm X was a man who would speak passionately about what he believed in. This was especially true while he was in prison, he would write letters about Islam and the religious leader Mr. Elijah Muhammed to several people. While in prison he had little influence on those around him, but he was genuinely passionate as he wrote to several of the people he had gotten earlier in life. As Malcolm decided that the hustlers and conmen needed to know about what he believed to be salvation. 

1 thought on “Reading Response to Malcolm X — Gilbert”

1. ok — but look back at my example. in Announcements. You need to translate, so “I have never been able to sit still when I need to act. Whenever I felt strongly about something, I acted upon it…USE THE I first person.