Intro-Bithiah

I am Bithiah Chisa Boham. Bithiah is a biblical Hebrew name that means “Daughter of the Lord”. I am from Nigeria, Rivers State(Ikwerre) to be precise. Chisa is my native name which means “God answers prayers”. This is my first semester at City Tech, my major is Undeclared Pre-Health Science(Nursing). 

I have always embraced my roots because of how I was brought up. I have been taught to be proud of my culture and beliefs, my parents will always take me to my native land to see my grandparents and other family members and in the course of that time, I learn more about my roots and why I stand out.

I have always been surrounded by many friends from the same culture and that has never made me feel left out.

A surprising fact is that I was born in New York but I have lived in Nigeria my whole life. I enjoy watching movies and I like puppies.

My future puppy

In conclusion, I am very proud of my roots, all thanks to my family and friends and I am glad to be here. 

4 thoughts on “Intro-Bithiah”

1. Hi Bithiah! Nice to meet you. I find interesting that you have always embraced your roots which is total opposite from me. Also its interesting to see people from out of the country. You said you have been to your home country many times which I think is very cool. I wonder how different it is form New York. I also think that its cool despite having a unique origin that you still managed to make friends and never feel left out. Anyways look forward to working with you in class.

2. Hey Bithiah cute dog they look like fluffy cloud. what kind of dog is that ?hope you get that ball of joy and get it all back. I can relate to that to emphasis of God in name My middle name is Jesus living a religious household my self there’s cross everywhere. Best of luck with your major that fulfilling future.

3. Bithiah — PLS CORRECT YOUR TITLE TO BE: Introduction — Bithiah

Nice explanation of your strong ties to your Nigerian heritage! So you were schooled in Nigeria too? And was the language in school Englsh? What is your family’s language, and do you speak that too? I imagine you do. I am sure you have many stories to tell of your Nigerian identity and how you stay true to your roots in America. I am anxious to learn more from you!

Very cute dog.

1. Thank you, Prof. Wu. Yes, I schooled in Nigeria and the language in school was English. My family language is Ikwerre and as of now, I do not speak that.