Journal 4

On February 22, I was assigned to create some table cards for a Sweet 16 party. As client required, the table cards had to use an art decor style and each table card had to be different quotes from what the client provided. Since I had no idea on where to start, I went online and did some research on art decor design. After I got some basic ideas, I started to work on Photoshop. The most challenging part of this project was to deal with different among of texts within the same design because some quotes were very long and some were very short. At the end, I was able to finish all table cards in 2 hours.

I saved each files individually and suddenly, Juan stopped me from saving them. He told me that it would take up too much spaces and times if I saved them individually. He then showed me on how to use Layer Comps which I thought it was really useful because we often had to show multiple compositions of a page layout for client. With Layer Comps, client could  view multiple versions of a layout in a single Photoshop file. Although I thought I knew Photoshop well because I used it often when I was working in the Photostudio, there were still some tools that I didn’t know and I would have to learn.

Sweet16_0002_Quote 3 Sweet16_0011_Quote 12