Self-Analysis

After I received my A.A.S from the Borough of Manhattan Community College I was not motivated to get my BSN, because both B.S.N and A.A.S did the same work and held the same responsibilities. The push for healthcare facilities to receive magnet status and hire only nurses with baccalaureate degree motivated me to return to school. Meeting students from nursing school who were on clinical rotations also inspired me to return to the classroom. Although I did not like the hybrid online classes initially I am enjoying these types of classes. Blackboard also posed a few challenges but I am now enriched with knowledge and computer skills that I did not have before.

I love nursing and I am motivated to serve in the community that I live in because it consists of mostly underserved patients who have chronic diseases. I find my work satisfying and energizing although sometimes I feel dismayed and helpless when people do not take good care of their health.

Throughout the BSN program I learned that Registered Nurses are always in the front line when it comes to teaching our patient good health practices. Healthcare is evolving and changing at a fast pace and my baccalaureate degrees will give me confidence and assurance to deliver safe and quality healthcare to my patients.