A Living Laboratory: Redesigning General Education for a 21st-Century College of Technology
Title V Grant supported by the United States Department of Education
FIRST-YEAR ASSOCIATE FELLOWS — Spring 2012
We invite both adjunct and full-time faculty who teach first year courses to join the “Living Lab” General Education Seminar as Associate Fellows, participating in four workshops during the Spring 2012 semester. The workshops will focus on the following: General Education, High-Impact Educational Practices, Assessment, and working with City Tech’s OpenLab, a new open digital platform for teaching and learning.
– full-time and adjunct faculty are eligible
– teaching a first-year course
– attend four workshops (January 26, February 24, March 2, OpenLab options – TBD)
– work in a highly collaborative environment
– participate fully on an open digital platform (OpenLab)
Work done as part of this project is vital service to the College as it reshapes its curriculum.
– Full time faculty participation is recognized as service to the college and to their department.
– Adjunct faculty will receive a small stipend of $480.
To apply, please complete the application form.
By doing so you agree to the terms and conditions listed above.
Application Deadline: 12pm, November 21, 2011
Please contact Julia Jordan, Acting Director of the Faculty Commons, at firstname.lastname@example.org or x5637 if you have questions or need additional information.