What is “A Living Laboratory”?
- The College’s biggest grant: a five-year $3.1M initiative (2010-2015) funded by the U.S. Department of Education Strengthening Hispanic-Serving Institutions (Title V) program.
- Our mission: to re-envision General Education as a “living laboratory” using City Tech’s signature strengths – hands-on experiential models of learning and our vibrant Brooklyn Waterfront location.
What are we doing?
Four activities work together towards institutional transformation.
- The Gen Ed Seminar: brings together diverse groups of Faculty Fellows to revitalize General Education through place-based learning and high-impact educational practices;
- The OpenLab: creates a new digital platform to support open teaching and learning at City Tech, and enhance the intellectual and social fabric of the college community;
- A Culture of Assessment: integrates comprehensive outcomes assessment into the General Education curriculum;
- The Brooklyn Waterfront Research Center: builds an endowment to support student and faculty research at this newly-created City Tech institution.
Questions? Please get in touch!