My Brooklyn

After watching the film “My Brooklyn” I have came to a better understanding on how gentrification works. It is very hard to live through the process of gentrification when you grew up in a place that you adapted too and consider it to be your home. It is easier to come up with plans and new activities to an environment you never were part of, because you see it from an outside view. In “My Brooklyn” is it easily to state that raise plays a big role when is come to city planning and development. That their is a preference to who the city wants at a certain locations and how it will benefit those who they choose to be there. It is very shocking also on how Zoning plays a big part of gentrification. I feel that the big issue isn’t the change to newer buildings in the neighborhood, that is it the fact that the city is pushing those who have live their whole life there by raising prices that only upper class can afford. And the saddest part is that we are all human and care so little for each other, but care more of material things such as money.