Self-Evaluation of City Tech Eats

Ricardo Guzman

Dr. Beilin Ian

Research & Documentation for the Information  Age

20 of May 2012

Self-Evaluation of City Tech Eats

With the arrival of the World Wide Web and the huge amount of information that is contained there, I needed to enable myself to critically evaluate the Web site for authenticity, applicability, authorship, usability and to make sure the site reflects unbiased sources. The ability to critically evaluate information is an important skill in this information age. So that is why and how I implemented a self-evaluation of “City Tech Eats” website group project.

Self-evaluating me is difficult by nature, but I discovered that while being included together as a group at the “City Tech Eats” site concept, there were a few questions I had in mind. First was how are people connected to the Internet, are they connected by cable, fiber, DSL or handheld mobile? What Web browser are people using? And what URL Web page is being used?

I learned many things while on the web site project. Things like, does a web page take a long time to load? That is very important because more and more users demand faster speed and page loading is no exception!

Another thing that is very important is to include information in a website such as author’s name and perhaps e-mail addresses, checking for misspelled words, grammar, are the images too big for the page or if going to another page, is there a way to get back to the first page?

Finally while evaluating myself while working on the “City Tech Eats” website, other questions repeatedly came to mind also. Why visit the site? Why stay on the site? And why return to the site? And theoretically the answer might be the promise of simplicity, concept originality and answering to the needs of every visitor. The practice of great customer service is very essential also; this always leads visitors to engage again and again.