Language is a verbal form of communication. Language is more about sound or what we call speech. There are accents even in writing. The concept of accent is present when someone speaks in their secondary language or attempt to. One of the popular accents is the French; an accent often used in movies. Another popular accent would be a sailor’s. For human, language is different from other forms of communication because it uses the tongue movement. While sounds can be made in many ways, for speech between humans to happen the main thing is to be able to produce sound and have the right tongue imitation, hence the term mother tongue. There are different degree’s of stablished communication depends on how experienced the person is in that language. The less experience means that there are misunderstandings and commonly hard to understand what someone is trying to communicate. I tried to learn to count to 10 in German and I had a hard time pronouncing the number 3 (drei). It’s almost pronounced like “dry” in English, but it needs an extra effort from your throat, almost like expelling air while saying dry. I was listening to a German speaker while repeating it out loud. I noticed that the best way to learn a new language is to repeat it out loud and of course to first listen to a native speaker. When you do it out loud you can hear yourself and see why it didn’t sound the same. After many attempts I was able to get it. I can count to 10 in german.

Language in design is used to communicate what the business is about. Also, depending on the language it can be assumed that that’s the main target audience, although not the only target audience. Signs can be used universally to represent something. One of the most common signs are the male and female silhouettes, used for the bathroom indication of set gender. Signs can be used in graphic communication to let the user know what they are seeing. On a website the cursor(arrow) changes according to what it’s interacting with. If you want to click a button the cursor will turn into a hand with a finger pointing towards the button. People often associate icons or signs to a certain thing/s, like do or don’t, such as when to cross the street and when to wait. On a website we all know if a website says “loading…” or maybe even “…” it means don’t do anything, if you want to access that content. With all of this in mind you can potentially make bring in more customer into purchasing one of your products. A great example is how youtube has a thumbnail and the graphic can really make someone click on a video. Using this same formula you can intrigue someone with a catchy word or phrase or image. On a website it’s important to make your call of action stand out. You can use many things to get this right, maybe try a button design; as people know a button is something to interact with compared to like an underline text. Essentially, make it stand out with some sort of graphic, as a button is just a rectangle silhouette.

Finally, I think that both numbering and graphic systems show that it’s very effective to create representations of set object you want to communicate. It’s so easy to attach meaning to something like the male and female silhouette to represent the male and female restroom. The best part is you may not even need to speak the language to understand its meaning. This may be good or bad depending on what it is. I think for the most part these signs are used for, the purpose; explaining what this facility or object does in a quick way and universally mostly.